For our office in Arnhem Mott MacDonald is looking for a Junior Consultant Transport to enforce our Urban Development and Transportation (UD&T) team within the International Development Services (IDS) division. In the role of young professional you will contribute to building our business by assessing market opportunities and preparing bids. You will work on innovative programmes that aim to improve the lives of people in various parts of the world, mainly in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Depending on your technical and project management skills, relevant experience and our on-going projects, you will build your expertise by working abroad on short term assignments.
Your responsibilities will be, among others:
* providing technical assistance to IDS Transportation and Urban Development projects
* assist in the management of urban development and transportation projects
* assist with market analysis, prepare expressions of interest and manage the preparation of proposals
* liaise with national and international partners to manage and build suitable consortia, including our in-house MacDonald offices.
* assistance in the representation of UD&T to funding agencies, clients and partner organisations in the fields of urban development and transportation;
* support with the identification of experts for our teams and deliver innovative technical contributions to proposals
* develop your skills in project management
* support adherence to our company’s quality assurance systems
* contribute to knowledge management and professional excellence
To be successful in this position you will bring:
* a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline related to Transport (for example civil engineering, transport planning, urban development);
* sound conceptual and analytical skills;
* operational and financial business expertise;
* excellent writing and communication skills in English
* ability to work under tight deadlines, both in a team and individually, and demonstrate strong time-management skills;
* excellence in building partnerships with clients, consultants and colleagues;
* ability to work in teams and communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
* interest in business development, gathering market intelligence, proposal management and writing;
* willingness to travel for inputs of up to six months a year;
* advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and Outlook);
* you fully support the Business Ethics policy of Mott MacDonald;
* you are entitled to work in the EU and/or are in possession of a work permit.
In addition to the requirements above, the following assets apply:
* a Master’s degree in any discipline related to Transport (for example civil engineering, transport planning, urban development);
* 2 years professional experience in the fields of urban infrastructure, urban planning or transportation engineering and planning is an asset;
* 1-2 years working experience in international development;
* Can professionally operate and work in any other major language.
Mott MacDonald offers you an exciting and challenging opportunity in a professional working environment. The position will be based at our IDS office in Arnhem, and might involve regular travel. The salary and benefits are in keeping with our status as a global multi-disciplinary consulting firm. Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities employer, which is reflected in flexible conditions allowing a good balance between work and private life.
The International Development Services (IDS) division of Mott MacDonald brings together the multidisciplinary development teams of experts focusing on Education, Health, Economic & Social Development, and Water, Environment & Climate Change.
Together we implement and manage projects and programmes in developing countries and emerging economies around the world. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to help improving lives of people in need.
To promote sustainable economic development, we work with a large number of International Financial Institutions (IFIs) and donor agencies such as the World Bank, the Asian and African Development Banks, the European Commission and its various organisations (e.g. EBRD, EIB), UN agencies, the German Government and the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
About the Organization
Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people's lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions. We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy - while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
What makes us different is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.