The International Division of the National Center for State Courts (NCSC) is seeking expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the position of Justice Program Manager for the Court Administration and Case Management for Nigeria’s Criminal Justice System Program in Nigeria. The anticipated two-year program initiative will be based in Abuja.
The goal of the activity is to improve the effectiveness, transparency, and accountability of court operations in Kaduna, Plateau, and Gombe in accordance with the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Improve Capacity, Efficiency, and Accountability of the Users of Nigeria’s Court Case Management System
- Objective 2: Improved Control, Preservation, and Storage of Evidence Within the Nigerian Criminal Justice System
- Objective 3: Improved Scheduling System for Court Sessions and Hearings in the Nigerian Criminal Justice System
- Objective 4: Improved Court Administration Processes Within the Nigerian Criminal Justice System
The Justice Program Manager will lead program activities that improve court administration, working in close partnership with judges, prosecutors, court staff, and investigators in Kaduna, Plateau, and Gombe along with relevant judicial and government bodies. The Justice Program Manager will manage a diverse team that will provide technical assistance and training to accomplish program objectives. The position a full-time employment position based in Abuja.
Competitive candidates will have:
- Demonstrated experience managing international development programs addressing court administration or other similar topics. Experience in West or Central Africa is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse, multidisciplinary teams, consultants, and grantees.
- Demonstrated diplomatic demeanor, tact, and political skills to develop and sustain productive relationships with host-country counterparts, donor representatives, and other partners.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; creativity; and flexibility needed to perform effectively in challenging environments.
- Experience working under contracts or cooperative agreements with the U.S. Department of State, USAID, or other donors.
- In-depth understanding of work planning and monitoring and evaluation.
- An advanced degree in law, court administration, or other relevant field is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other relevant language skills helpful but not required.
Apply Now: Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs and brief cover letters to email@example.com with “Nigeria Justice Program Manager” in the subject. CVs and cover letters should demonstrate how applicants meet all or most of the requirements. Applications will be received through May 24, 2021 and reviewed upon receipt. Due to the volume of candidates, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Program job opportunities are contingent upon program funding.
About the Organization
About us: NCSC is a unique not-for-profit organization providing technical assistance, training, and technology to advance justice systems in the U.S. and around the world. Founded 50 years ago by the leadership of the U.S. courts to deliver on the promise of Equal Justice Under Law, NCSC offers its experience to promote equitable and transparent justice systems in transitioning democracies around the world, in partnership with international donors, host country governments, and civil society. NCSC has supported justice sector development in Nigeria for two decades.