Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for oﬀering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU-funded project: „Support to Public Administration Reform Process” in Moldova.
The overall objective is to enhance the institutional and human resources capacity of the central and local public administrations to elaborate and implement evidence-based policy and to ensure the eﬃcient and eﬀective delivery of high quality administrative services in line with the European Principles of Public Administration.
The purpose is as follows:
- To achieve successful horizontal public administration reform process in order to improve eﬃciency, eﬀectiveness and accountability of public administration at central and local level;
- To strengthen administrative capacity of Moldovan public administration to meet the requirements of the Association Agenda – especially in the context of further support to the development of the strategic framework for public administration reform, better policy-making, policy coordination, restructuring, and modernization of the administrative system.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in the field of Economy, Public Management or, in the absence of the required academic degree, six (6) years of professional experience in the fields of Public Administration management or related fields of equivalent scope, on top of the years of experience described under General professional experience;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken.
General professional experience
- At least ten (10) years of experience in providin advice to public administration in EU Member States or IPA/IPA II countries.
Specific professional experience
- At least 600 working days of professional experience in providing advice as economist in the context of the design and formulation of country-wide or regional Public Administration reform processes;
- At least 400 working days of experience in the implementation of projects funded under IPA/IPA II or ENPI/ENI instruments.
The operational base of the project will be in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Project activities may also take place in other parts of the country.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.