Abt Associates seeks a qualified Kasai Oriental Provincial Director to support the USAID IHP project in Mbuji Mayi, DRC. USAID’s Integrated Health Program (USAID IHP) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate programmatic and administrative activities for complex, rapidly changing health system strengthening activities throughout Kasai Oriental Province.
- Lead the process for creating, monitoring and revising the annual provincial work plan.
- Provide inputs for Kasai Oriental to facilitate the development of annual and strategic plans to achieve both the national and provincial project visions and purposes. Integrate national vision into overall provincial vision.
- Ensure organizational stability and sustainability by building a wise, skilled, committed, and balanced office management team, marked by integrity and upholding the Abt Associates mission.
- Maintain overall responsibility for planning, implementation, documentation and reporting of all provincial office project´s activities in coordination with provincial staff.
- Oversee capacity building activities throughout Kasai Oriental Province.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of effective coordinating mechanisms with the Kasai Regional and Kasai Oriental provincial level health teams.
- Ensure project activities compliance through managing and taking accountability for effective consolidation and timely submission of accurate and informative reports.
- Maintain effective relations with all stakeholders at the provincial level.
- Lead and/or participate in the recruitment process of all managerial level provincial employees and Multipurpose Team members.
- Ensure an intensive professional development and skills capacity building programs for provincial staff.
- Lead annual performance evaluation (PREP) for all direct subordinates and oversee the process for all Kasai Oriental province staff.
- Review provincial program budgets, and with the Kasai Regional Director integrate into the regional budget.
- Ensure high quality financial data and present monthly financial reports to headquarters financial staff on a timely basis, including local or matching grants.
- MPH or masters degree in a field of clinical care, business administration of related field.
- Ten or more years of high level program oversight and management.
- Experience implementing donor-funded projects in Sub-Saharan Africa specifically in Congo, experience with USAID projects is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in coordination, planning, and leading programs with International NGOs is desired.
- HIV/AIDS, TB, RMNCH, FP and/or malaria program implementation experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects.
- Solid computer skills in MS-Office applications, including MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in French and excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English.
- Master’s degree and 8-10 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.