FCG Sweden is preparing a tender for the EU funded project Monitoring human rights situation and advocating for compliance with international human rights framework in Turkey and is now looking for a Civil Society Capacity Development Expert (Key expert 3). The project should start in January 2019 for a duration of 36 months.
Key Expert 3 will have a central role in the design and implementation of the various components of the programme, with a special focus on Activity Package 2. He/she will provide specific guidance to beneficiaries on thematic and methodological issues.
100% of working time should be spent in Turkey, unless otherwise requested and authorised by the Contracting Authority.
Qualifications and skills
- Hold a University degree. A University degree in a relevant field for this action is preferred (e.g. political sciences, law, social sciences, etc.). A post-graduate degree in a relevant field such as Human rights will be an asset.
- Very good command of written and spoken English. Turkish will be an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in relevant fields such as Human rights, civil society, human and social development, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience on programme or project management. Experience of programme or project management in a relevant field such as Human rights, civil society development, etc. will be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the design and delivery of capacity-building activities for civil society organisations (including trainings, workshops, seminars, etc.), including in event organisation and facilitation.
Experience and knowledge in the following topics will be an asset:
- Previous experience in EU-funded programmes;
- Human Rights monitoring, promotion and protection;
- Turkish context, including Turkish legal framework on human rights and civil society in Turkey
About the Organization
FCG Sweden is the new face of ORGUT and SIPU International. Combining ORGUT and SIPU’s experience with that of the wider FCG Group gives our customers and partners access to a much broader selection of services and best practices from a wide range of sectors and countries. Together, we represent 40 years of Swedish expertise in international development consulting. We have a new name, but we are the same people, with the same values, passion and drive.
Building better livelihoods in developing regions and countries has always been the vision of ORGUT’s work, with core competence in value chain development in agriculture and forestry, water sector development, and sustainable land administration.
SIPU International has built a global reputation as a leader in sharing the best and most relevant parts of the Swedish model of public administration through consulting and training, with a mission to support the capacity of organisations as a way to develop democracy, grow the economy and foster an inclusive, equitable and enduring society.
FCG Sweden delivers a wide range of services including:
- Formulation and design of development programmes and intervention;
- Implementation and project management of multi-annual programmes and framework contracts;
- Grant and Challenge Fund Management;
- Results-based monitoring and evaluation services;
Areas of expertise:
- Civil Society
- Market Development
- Environment and Climate Change
- Water and Natural Resources
- Land Administration
- Natural Resource Management
- Water Sector Services
- Good Governance and Public Administration
- Public Administration Reform
- Public Financial Management
- Local Government and Decentralisation
- Urban Development
- Gender Equality
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Training Programmes
- Fund Management