- Coffey is looking for a Country Lead for a DFID-funded Anti-Corruption programme in Africa
- 5 years
- Based in Kenya
Mobilising Data for Anti-Corruption (MoDAC) is a DFID-funded programme to be implemented in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania. It aims to improve the quality and use of corruption data, over a four year period, to increase the number of high-level sanctions, penalties and prosecutions in corruption cases. The programme will engage, and form partnerships between, users of anti-corruption data including law enforcement, civil society, the media and private sector. These partnerships would “follow the data” to provide evidence on potential corruption cases, and make data available in user-friendly formats so it can be more widely used to expose and prevent corruption. Main activities of the programme will include grant management, technical assistance, capacity building, as well as collecting and refining data for dissemination and use.
The Country Lead will be responsible for the supervision and implementation of in-country MoDAC activities. He/She will supervise a small team of support staff, and report to the Team Leader. He/She will interact with key stakeholders at country level and be based in Nairobi.
- 10+ years of experience leading teams working in complex programme delivery
- Strong understanding of anti-corruption, justice reform, data and open data
- Experience designing and/or delivering anti-corruption programmes
- Understanding of the anti-corruption context in Kenya
- Experience working on large-scale donor-funded programmes (preferably DFID)
- Strong expertise in building and managing coalitions between stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- Existing extensive network with government stakeholders, civil society and donors
- Working experience in Kenya
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of DFID’s anti-corruption strategy
- Understanding of media capacity building and associated challenges
Applications close: 24 June 2018
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
About the OrganizationTetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.