PwC South Africa is in the process of preparing a response to an opportunity and looking to enagage the following resources.
Key Expert 1: Health sector expert – Team Leader
Qualification and skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic degree in health economics, health finance, or other relevant field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working level knowledge of French.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in project implementation and management (planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) for the health sector, within development regions, preferably Sub-Saharan Africa.
- 5 years similar experience of working in a senior expert/management position on DFI/donor financed TA operation projects.
- Experience in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries would constitute an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Professional experience as a technical expert having implemented at least 1 health sector project in the last 3 years.
- Evidence of the following pre-requisite skills as demonstrated through the implementation of at least 3 projects:
- Good understanding of health sector policies within Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Public health expertise, preferably on diagnostics and systems strengthening, including public sector engagement.
- Experience in design and implementation of assessments for health sector projects including in the delivery of diagnostics in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience in establishing financial and partnership structures.
- Experience in capacity building in the health sector, including the establishment of performance-based funding structures.
About the Organization
PwC South Africa
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
Our clients often tell us that what they value most is our strong global network, which allows us to collaborate across the world and bring knowledge and expertise from one country to the next. PwC offices across the continent operate as a single, unified PwC Africa Region.
Foreign aid is no longer about providing developing countries with funds to alleviate short term issues. It has evolved to be far more – the focus has shifted to providing longer term attitudinal and structural reforms aimed at bringing these countries onto the worldwide market place, strengthening their economies, and assisting them to become self-sustaining.
The PwC Sub Saharan Donor Funding team works with International funding agencies, Bilateral donor agencies, non-profit organizations, , and government partners to provide a variety of advisory services across a range of sectors in support of their mandates .