PwC South Africa, in partnership with Aurecon and CSIR, is in the process of responding to an EU funded proposal entitled: Promove Energia I: Project Preparation Facility Energy Resource Centre - Technical Assistance and is looking for the following resource:
Key expert 1 : Team Leader
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Energy, Energy and Policy, Electrical Engineer, Economics, Business Administration or directly related discipline
- Ability to fluently communicate in English, verbally and in Minimum C I level.
- The following will be considered an advantage:
- Ability to fluently communicate in Portuguese, Spanish or Italian, verbally and in writing, will be considered an assert
- Financial control and financial management skills
- Strategic programme design and implementation skill
- Good inter-personal and communication skill
General professional experience
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experien
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a team leader, programme manager or/and M&E expert.
- Work ing experience in developing countries will be an advantage.
Specific professional experience 15
- At least 10 years (Preferred 15) of proven experience in working in the fields of (renewable) energy off grid and/or on grid application field
- At least 4 years (Preferred 8) of proven experience with advising government entities on energy policy reforms, legal/regulatory frameworks and/or providing related Technical Assistance.
- The following will be considered an advantage :
- Experience in all stages of development of renewable energies (hydro, wind, solar, geothennal, biomass) as well as in rural electrification).
- Experience in pre-feasibility, feasibility and technical studies for RE development and in actual project planning and commissionin
- Experience in Energy Project Financin
- Knowledge and experience deploying decentralised off-grid renewable energy solutions (i.e. solar, cook stoves).
The Team Leader will have amongst other the following responsibilities:
- Establish the Resource Centre at MIREME to deal mainly with institutional and capacity building issues at EDM, FUNAE, MIREME and ARENE and to support the preparation, tender and realization of technical studies for projects.
- Establish a permanent internal, technical and financial Monitoring and Evaluation system for the action.
- In line with reporting obligations, provide an accurate account of the status of implementation of the action, including reporting on difficulties encountered, changes introduced, as well as the degree of achievement of its results (outputs and direct outcomes) as measured by corresponding
- Collaborate with public institutions, with Invest, with ESWG, with the active donor community and other relevant stakeholders (including NGOs) on management , administrative, and implementation issues of the PPF Resource Centre.
- Communicate clearly with all partners on all aspects of project performance and implementation;
- Actively work to identify opportunities and challenges in meeting the PPF Resource Centre output
- Actively respond to third parties’ request for TA support in the areas of Capacity Building, Enabling Environment , Project Development, and assist potential beneficiaries with preparing proposals (including output definition, budget) requesting the RC for support
- Provide Technical assistance to eligible beneficiaries of PPF Resource Centre support in (one of the) three support This will include preparing and carrying out studies, trainings, organising workshops).
- Organise the recruitment of external short-term expertise for providing Technical Assistance to eligible beneficiaries on behalf of the Resource Centre (this includes providing support to beneficiaries in writing Terms of Reference, defining tender document s, initiating the tender procedure and assist with procurement and contracting, monitoring), and supervise implementation of this short-term expertise
- Review methodologies, progress reports and deliverables of short term technical assistants (consultants).
- Actively work with direct beneficiaries of the Resource Centre to meet project performance
- Manage all aspects of Resource Centre management including but not limited to lfiting of the annual work plan, performance monitoring plan, output documentation, report preparat ion and budget management.
- Organize and document outcomes of the PPF Resource Centre activities through publications, newsletters and updating a dedicated website.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities to collaborate with other relevant entitities
- Regional travel will be required
About the Organization
PwC South Africa
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
Our clients often tell us that what they value most is our strong global network, which allows us to collaborate across the world and bring knowledge and expertise from one country to the next. PwC offices across the continent operate as a single, unified PwC Africa Region.
Foreign aid is no longer about providing developing countries with funds to alleviate short term issues. It has evolved to be far more – the focus has shifted to providing longer term attitudinal and structural reforms aimed at bringing these countries onto the worldwide market place, strengthening their economies, and assisting them to become self-sustaining.
The PwC Sub Saharan Donor Funding team works with International funding agencies, Bilateral donor agencies, non-profit organizations, , and government partners to provide a variety of advisory services across a range of sectors in support of their mandates .