Project: EU leading the global energy transition
The action will establish a solid basis for expanding and deepening the EU’s energy diplomacy beyond the core group of countries with which it is interacting actively through multilateral structures or bilateral agreements. The action will allow the EU and its MS to make available their expertise on the energy transition and, in general, complement existing energy and political dialogues and cooperation instruments in a wide variety of countries.
Purpose: To support the European Union in leading the global energy transition as a building block of achieving the external dimension of the overarching political priority of the European Green Deal. To promote the European Union and its Member States’ approach, technical knowledge, rules and experience in energy transition in specific partner countries and to promote business opportunities for EU’s industries in sustainable energy technologies.
Key expert 1: Team leader
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in one of the following fields: political sciences, economics, law, foreign relations, engineering or another discipline directly related to this assignment.
- At least a level of C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages7 in written and oral communication in English. A good command in French, Spanish or another relevant language to the assignment is an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum 12 years full time, proven post graduate experience in a field related to the assignment such as sustainable energy, energy efficiency, etc.
- Minimum 5 years full-time, proven post-graduate experience leading teams in the public or private sector or in public-funded projects of at least similar amount and duration of this assignment.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years full-time proven post-graduate experience working in building relations with non EU countries in sectors such as energy, climate, environment, trade or other sector relevant to the assignment;
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in capacity building and/or training positions in sharing EU policies with non-EU countries.
- Minimum 2 years experiences in organising outreach activities to disseminate practices and experiences (organising international conferences, workshops, study tours, training, etc.)
The operational base for the project shall be in Brussels, Belgium. To accommodate for the evolving measures in view of the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, the contractor will be allowed to have its staff telework or work from other base with consideration for easy mobilisation, with prior approval by the Contracting Authority. In any case, travelling to Brussels and related costs are included in the fees.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 1 October 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
Working days: The key expert should be allocated a minimum of 165 working days per year of implementation of the project. The professional dedication of each Key Expert for each individual assignment in their CV should be indicated in terms of number of working days/year. 220 working days per year is to be considered a full-time engagement.