Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is currently applying for an EU - funded project: EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF).
The overall objective of the EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF) is to advance EU-China relations in key priority areas.
The facility is expected to contribute to the strengthening and enlargement of EU-China relations in line with the strategic framework represented by the EU Global Strategy, the EU Strategy on China, and the EU-China 2020 Strategic Agenda for Cooperation, as well as other relevant bilateral agreements.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- Help develop EU-China bilateral dialogues in specific priority areas of EU and mutual interest.
- Support implementation of the EU Strategy on China and Bilateral Agreements.
The Key expert 2 will support the Team Leader in all aspects of the implementation of the project, including facilitating the institutional partners in drafting specific ToR for the activities, exchanges among different EU and Chinese partners or administrative tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree at bachelor’s level (or equivalent) in a subject or discipline relevant to this assignment such as social science, economy, political science, European studies, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High proficiency in English and Chinese.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time general professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time working in project management and implementation.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 5 years, but a minimum 3 years full-time proven post-graduate experience working as an expert in related fields in the People’s Republic of China..
- In addition to the minimum requirements described above, the following assets apply:
- Working experience international cooperation projects in Chinese is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of and past work relationships with relevant Chinese stakeholders and target groups.
- Knowledge of EU/EU MS and EU cooperation with China.
The intended start date is October 2018 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
The operational base for the project shall be in Beijing (China).
The particulate pollution load in Beijing crosses the limit value allowed in Europe around a multiple. Within the scope of the selection procedure and in the course of the setting investigation you will be informed about suitable preventive measures and behavioral measures.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in Europeaid format in English.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.