PwC South Africa, in partnership with Aurecon and CSIR, is in the process of of responding to an EU funded proposal entitled: Promove Energia I: Project Preparation Facility Energy Resource Centre - Technical Assistance and is looking for the following resource:
Key expert 2: Senior Advisor Energy Market Regulations
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Law, Energy Policy or directly related
- Ability to fluently communicate in English, verbally and in writing. Minimum C1 level
- The following will be considered an advantage:
- Ability to fluently communicate in Portuguese, Spanish or Italian, verbally and in writing
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years· experience as a policy officer, legal advisor, programme manager or/and M& E expert
- Working experience in developing countries will be an advantage
Specific professional experience
- At least 6 years of experience (preferred I 0) in working in the fields of both (renewable) energy off-grid and on grid application fields in emerging markets;
- At least 3 experiences (preferred 6) in the last I 0 years in advising governments I regulatory authorit ies with tariff setting, IPP l icensing and/or concession granting, technical standards and quality norms and/or in the drafting of legislation, regulations, standards, norms.
The Senior Expert Energy Market Regulations will have amongst other the following responsibilities:
- Support ARENE with implementing its annual plan and respond to specific needs related to the mandate of the energy regulator;
- Assist ARENE to recommend MIREME and third parties on issues related to tariff setting, IPP/mini-grid concessions and licencing (including mechanisms like reversed auctioning), quality and technical standards for electricity equipment, and other relevant issues
- Assist ARENE in reporting and/or presenting its vision, opinion, recommendation to third parties, and organise training sessions and/or workshops for ARENE staff if applicabl
- Collaborate and coordinate with other actors in the energy market , including public institutions like GET.Invest and members of the Energy Sector Working Group.
- Report to the Team Leader of the Resource Centre
- Regional travel may be required
About the Organization
PwC South Africa
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
Our clients often tell us that what they value most is our strong global network, which allows us to collaborate across the world and bring knowledge and expertise from one country to the next. PwC offices across the continent operate as a single, unified PwC Africa Region.
Foreign aid is no longer about providing developing countries with funds to alleviate short term issues. It has evolved to be far more – the focus has shifted to providing longer term attitudinal and structural reforms aimed at bringing these countries onto the worldwide market place, strengthening their economies, and assisting them to become self-sustaining.
The PwC Sub Saharan Donor Funding team works with International funding agencies, Bilateral donor agencies, non-profit organizations, , and government partners to provide a variety of advisory services across a range of sectors in support of their mandates .