Regional facility for Business development and investment climate Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean
DAI Brussel has been shortlisted for the is ” Regional facility for Business development and investment climate Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean” .
The purpose of the contract is to deliver high-level technical assistance to strengthen access to finance and implementation of dedicated financial instruments, and improve the investment climate for inclusive and sustainable growth, job creation and decent work. A Regional Technical Assistance Facility (hereinafter the RTAF), will be established, pooling expertise from Academia, technical experts, practitioners and business managers from Europe and Africa.
The RTAF will provide research, advisory services, trainings, long-term technical assistance, short-term consultancies and expert missions to be mobilised at short notice.
The Team Leader (Senior key expert 1) and senior key experts 2, 3 and 4 will be based in Brussels. Their role in this assignment require a communication on a daily basis among the team and with the European Commission in the relevant DEVCO unit, and with geographic or thematic units of the European Commission and EU delegations.
All key and non-key experts may be deployed (or recruited locally), at short notice in any country of the region, or any other part of the world if it is deemed necessary for the achievement of the contract objectives and purposes. In certain cases, to be specified, it may be required for contracted personnel, either short term or long-term, to be posted within the facilities of the European Commission, a partner country or regional organisation, or a EU delegation to ensure efficiency and close cooperation with EU or relevant staff.
All together, the team shall have complementary experience and expertise about the all-regional area covered by the RTAF, including in fragile countries. The tenderer should assume that key experts will be required on a full time basis.
The intended start date is 16 November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Key expert 2 – Senior Monitoring and evaluation expert (Deputy Team Leader)
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree level or higher in a discipline related to economics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, development studies;
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English. Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese and/or Arabic would be an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills and training skills. Ability to communicate technically complex information clearly and concisely;
- Excellent leadership skills and proven successful experience in project coordination and team management;
- Expert knowledge and experience of IT and proficiency in computer data management applications;
- Ability to work effectively in a team of people with different technical backgrounds and varying levels of technical training.
General and specific professional experience
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in areas directly relevant to knowledge management and M&E systems;
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing M&E systems in developing countries;
- At least 5 years of professional experience, covering formulation, implementation and evaluation of policies, programmes and projects in areas related to Business environment reforms, value chain development and support to MSMEs in developing countries;
- Experience of working in a research environment with proven experience of publishing papers.
- Experience and knowledge of EU development policy, cooperation programmes and procedures.
We thank you for your interest in this project. Due to the big amount of candidatures received for this kind of position, only shortlisted candidates, meeting the criteria will be contacted.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 50 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.