FCG Sweden has been shortlisted for the Establishment and Management of the Forest For the Future Facility funded by EU. The team will consist of 5 Key-Experts and a large network of Non-Key Experts term experts. The Private sector and investments expert will be full-time (200 days/per year) for 4 years with planned start during autumn 2019.
Key expert 4: Private sector and investments expert
- University degree in Economics, Business or equivalent. An MSc degree is required, while a PhD degree is an asset.
- Excellent analysis, synthesis and drafting skills.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Fluent writing and speaking English. Knowledge of French and other languages widely used in developing countries is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the business climate and private sector related to forest.
- Good knowledge of forest-related investment and commercial activities and of financial mechanisms (blending, guarantee funds, credit funds, trust funds,…).
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience in analysing, reviewing and developing investment projects, of which at least 5 years for investments in developing countries.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in investment programme management in the area of forest or natural resources in or for developing countries. Previous professional experience with EU blending mechanisms is an asset.
- Experience in negotiation, pre-feasibility study/evaluation and stakeholder consultations.
- Knowledge of the forest-related value chains and/or wood industry is an asset.
About the Organization
FCG Sweden - supporting inclusive, participatory and sustainable change
FCG Sweden is a leading European development partner with many years’ experience of delivering high-quality outputs. We specialise in public sector reform, natural resource management, civil society strengthening, market development, and monitoring and evaluation. Using our wide-ranging expertise, we are committed to working closely with clients, partners and development specialists to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to development challenges facing our world today.
We are at the cutting edge of development innovation and provide evidence-based expertise to deliver maximum impact. We will work with you to build solutions that are:
Inclusive – ensuring that the voices of the most marginalised and disadvantaged people are heard.
Participatory – engaging all stakeholders in decision-making processes to maximise impact and strengthen democratisation.
Sustainable – building resilience to help people steer the direction of social, economic and environmental change.
When more people participate in social, economic and political processes, institutions grow stronger, economies become healthier, societies become more inclusive and resilient, and conflicts can be prevented. We use our expertise to help deliver change, on the ground, across a wide range of sectors that make a real difference to people’s everyday lives.