DAI Brussels has been shortlisted for the EU-Funded ADELANTE 2: Technical Assistance, Logistics and Institutional Support, Communication and Visibility, a 4-year project with a provisional start date of 30/10/2020.
The Core Team of experts will be based in Latin America and the Caribbean and Europe.
The Contractor will support the sound management, implementation and follow-up of the Facility (including support to on-going projects from the first phase and to projects still to be contracted under ADELANTE 2), providing technical assistance and expertise, and further ensuring the Communication and Visibility aspects.
The Contractor will create a rapid response mechanism (platform hosted on ADELANTE’s website) for triangular proposals submitted by different actors.
Finally, the Contractor will support the institutionalisation of the management of international cooperation in partner countries by providing technical assistance or specific trainings. In addition, if there is a decision to move towards pillar assessment of existing agencies, by mobilising expertise from EU Member States, to support this process.
We welcome applications for the position the following position:
Key expert 5: Junior expert in Logistics (880 days)
Qualifications and skills
· Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience, which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
· Good managerial, communication and inter-personal skills, qualities of dialogue.
· Excellent command of English and Spanish. Good command of Portuguese would be an asset.
General professional experience
· Proven experience of logistics operations, practices, and supply chain management, in particular planning (minimum duration of 3 years).
Specific professional experience
· Proven experience (minimum duration of 2 years) in the management and implementation of EU and/or EU Member States programmes and projects including contractual and financial procedures.
· Proven experience (minimum duration of 2 years) in development cooperation projects in Latin America and Caribbean countries.
· Proven experience (minimum duration of 2 years) in the set-up and implementation of trainings, seminars and workshops.
Due to the high level of candidatures we receive, we will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.