DAI Europe is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project “Technical Assistance to the Government of Uganda for the implementation of the Justice and Accountability (JAR) Sector Reform Contract” which is expected to start in September 2018. DAI Europe is a leading development company with an extensive EU and with offices in Brussels and London. DAI Europe is part of DAI Global which is based in Washington DC.
The general objective of this contract is to support the government in the governance of public funds, including the mobilization, strategic allocation and efficient use of public resources, for improved service delivery.
The indicative result areas for the Technical Assistance are:
- Improved Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and management for sustainable development through enhanced public-sector capacities for tax administration, anti-money laundering investigations and membership in the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI);
- improved capacities in policy-based and gender sensitive planning and budgeting for enhanced budget credibility and service delivery at central- and local government level;
- improved capacities for Public Investment Management (PIM);
- improved coverage, accessibility, management and Human Rights compliance of service delivery in the JLOS sector;
- Enhanced state resilience and institutional capacities to reduce public sector corruption at central- and local government level.
In addition, the technical assistance should strengthen the overall co-ordination within the Accountability Sector (AS) and the Justice Law and Order Sector (JLOS) in Uganda.
DAI is currently recruiting international and national development experts to support this initiative. We welcome applications for the positions within the long-term key experts with the following areas of expertise:
- Resource mobilization allocation and utilization
- Governance and accountability
- Financial Management
- Public Investment Management
- Tax administration and anti-money laundering
- Extractive Industries
- Fight against corruption at central and local government level
- Post-Graduate Degree
- More than 12 years of professional experience
- English proficiency
- 10 years of experience in one of the areas of expertise
- professional working experience in assisting, advising or implementing policy-based reforms and public administration.
- experience in different African countries with similar projects/topics
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.