Senior Adviser for Directorate Urban, Housing, and Settlements, Bappenas (Indonesia)
The Government of Indonesia has been working closely with the Government of Australia under KIAT program in the development of the water and sanitation sector and Bappenas has been the key counterpart. The Senior Adviser to the Directorate for Urban, Housing, and Settlements (Direktorat Perkotaan, Perumahan, dan Permukiman) will assist with the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program of activities under KIAT which supports the development objectives of GoI in the urban water and sanitation sector.
The Senior Advisor will also provide mentoring support to the national working group for water and sanitation, Pokja PPAS (Pokja Perumahan, Permukiman, Air Minum dan Sanitasi) with more-in-depth support from the Nasional WSS expert. The Senior Advisor is expected to support the directorate’s management of watsan sector development and policy development. He/she will assist Bappenas in preparing strategic inputs on several issues in the urban Water and Sanitation sector. The support for the Pokja will cover 3 areas: coordination, advocacy, and capacity development, specifically focusing on water and sanitation that was previously under Pokja AMPL.
This role also involves will have the following key activities:
The key activities for the positions are:
- In close collaboration with Directorate for Urban, Housing, and Settlements:
- identify strategic developments, priorities and opportunities for KIAT support.
- analyse and evaluate the impact of existing and emerging water, sanitation and solid waste management program and policy areas and recommend improvements.
- advice on development or improvement of water, sanitation and solid waste management policies and programs.
- Identify strategic collaboration opportunities in housing and settlement issues especially in policy and programs for improving and alleviating slum areas.
- In doing all works above, it should be carried out in collaboration with GoI and its counterparts
- Working closely with the directorate for Urban, Housing, and Settlements and GOI counterparts, coordinate the design of KIAT activities within Bappenas.
- Prepare and maintain an annual work plan of activity designs, implementation and progress monitoring.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building support to directorate for Urban, Housing, and Settlements as needed and in line with KIAT’s mandate and agreed priorities.
- Assist the deputy directors to prepare a consolidated Strategic Engagement Report every six months for the KIAT Management Committee.
- With support from a National Water and Sanitation Specialist:
- Develop recommendations of strategies, programs, and activities, both for strengthening and revitalizing existing programs and for creating innovative programs in close collaboration with Pokja members.
- Provide advice on effective implementation of the existing guideline packages for local governments; providing communication strategy for better outreach to non-governmental stakeholders; and managing Pokja websites. This will be done in collaboration with AKKOPSI, the Alliance of Kabupaten/Kota for Improved Sanitation)
- Identify training needs of Pokja’s members and develop an effective capacity building system for both national governments and local governments.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/4230/personnel-tor-advisory-support-to-bappenas-senior-adviser-rev1.pdf;
You will be a motivated and proactive Senior Adviser for Directorate Urban, Housing, and Settlement, Bappenas, Indonesia with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Post-graduate qualification in urban planning or infrastructure-related field (engineering, economics or background in water, sanitation or solid waste management).
- A minimum 10 years of experience in managing comprehensive, high-level infrastructure advisery programs, preferably in Water, Sanitation and Solid Waste Management, most of which should be in comparable countries.
- A strong technical background in environmental/resources economics ranging from policy and strategic advice to policy development, financing, and implementation
- A demonstrable familiarity with sector issues relevant to Indonesia, including economic issues, public-sector governance, private-sector participation, institutional capacity building, regional autonomy, competition policy, investment incentives, asset management and output-based performance.
- Scrupulous in maintaining high standards of probity expected by the KIAT Facility.
- Self-motivated, innovative, creative and a lateral thinking ability.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to assist and support the team members.
- Significant knowledge in water and sanitation sectors is preferable
- Experience working in Indonesia, fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable
- Familiarity with DFAT processes and procedures would be advantageous.
This position attracts salary and allowances commensurate with the Australian Government Remuneration Framework, (ARF). Based on DFAT standard ARF rates, the position is assessed as ARF classification C3/C4. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR, and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
Please send a CV and 3 referees
The position closes on 20 May 2019
About the Organization
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.