Chemonics seeks a long-term, Tunisia-based knowledge and learning specialist for the Libya Transition Initiative 3, a USAID/OTI-funded program that aims to increase Libya’s resilience to fragmentation and spoilers. Activities support the following objectives: improving stability in strategic, conflict-affected areas; boosting citizens’ confidence in their public institutions; and reducing the influence of extremist groups and values in strategic areas. The program delivers assistance primarily through small grants to a variety of traditional and non-traditional partners, including municipal councils, national institutions (e.g., electoral management bodies), and civil society organizations. The knowledge and learning specialist position is critical to the organization and accessibility of the project’s research and information. The work involves database management and administration; data entry and information management; and data-driven trends analysis and reporting. Under the supervision of the USAID/OTI country representative and the initiative’s chief of party, the knowledge and learning specialist will exercise independent judgment, take initiative, and collaborate with all members contributing to the initiative’s internal knowledge management platform, the Knowledge Analysis Tool (KAT). The KAT is a database of information gathered by the program through staff expertise and internal and external research. The specialist will lead efforts to ensure effective use of the KAT to inform programming. The specialist will develop a strong familiarity with the program’s strategic priorities, intervention areas, and learning goals, which will evolve over time. The specialist will report to the monitoring, evaluation, and learning director and may be required to travel to Libya. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Track events in Libya and weekly data entry into the Knowledge Analysis Tool (KAT) by attending weekly calls, reviewing and editing updates, and monitoring communication channels
- Serve as the primary administrator of the Knowledge Analysis Tool (KAT), adding new users, standardizing information, training staff, troubleshooting issues, and assisting with improvements
- Perform monthly and ad hoc analysis and reporting, analyzing emerging trends, creating a community of informational pages on the KAT, contributing contextual analysis at meetings, attending strategy review meetings, completing research and reporting requests for the senior management team, and responding to briefing requests for external audiences
- A bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a relevant field
- Two or more years of demonstrated experience analyzing and reporting on program impact and implementation highly desired
- Experience with donor-funded organizations is preferred
- Experience with knowledge management systems highly desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) required
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, the general public, and partner institutions, including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, and support organizations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment that communicates established program messages
- Analytical ability and knowledge of project objectives to manage monitoring, evaluation, and learning data
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Arabic highly desired
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Knowledge and Learning Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 27, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.