USAID’s Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs (NextGen), as part of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) program, ensures quality procurement and delivery of health commodities through robust global and local supply chains, while strengthening in-country supply chains. Within this global initiative, the Control Tower will operate a central information hub to support the operations and management oversight of NextGen, provide end-to-end visibility of commodities and supply plans, enable data-driven decision-making, and reinforce information-sharing and collaboration across multiple programs and initiatives including President’s Emergency Plans for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), Population and Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition.
Panagora Group, a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term professional labor to support strategic engagement, advocacy, and knowledge management and communications (KMC) activities through strategic planning, implementation, and capacity building.
Panagora Group seeks a Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Director to be proposed as part of the anticipated Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain (NextGen) Control Tower award. The KMC Director will oversee a team of long- and short-term specialists to ensure the development and implementation of a comprehensive KMC strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and execute a comprehensive KMC framework based on state-of-the art theory and practice to guide Control Tower activities at all levels, global to country levels
- Lead implementation of Control Tower Knowledge Management and Communications Plan - advancing the contract’s vision, mission, and mandate.
- Support and coordinate information-sharing, best practices, and lessons learned among NextGen stakeholders and NextGen Control Tower teams
- Ensure high-quality KMC systems, processes, platforms, and tools in addition to all assigned tasks and expected deliverables.
- Provide oversight and management of staff and consultants hired to provide KMC services.
- Assume overall responsibility for leading and organizing all KMC-related activities.
- Serve as facilitator or co-facilitator of high-level discussions among USAID staff and partners regarding KMC, learning, and adaptive management.
- Report to USAID technical and contract personnel.
- Master’s degree in communications, knowledge management, public health, or other relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in communications, knowledge management, and/or public relations
- International experience in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development & design for multi-country complex programs
- Up-to-date knowledge of communications and knowledge management (KM) technologies and standards and an understanding of the constraints and benefits of different approaches and technologies
- Proven interpersonal and management skills that support team development and cross-team collaboration in highly complex structures involving multiple teams, stakeholders, and client groups
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multicultural groups in a developing country environment
- Excellent attention to detail and track record of producing high quality documents.
- Ability to meet deadlines under extreme pressure, build consensus, and work with diverse groups of people .
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with international public health sphere and USAID public health programming
- English required; proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.