The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is seeking a Knowledge Management and Communications Manager for the upcoming USAID Improving Governance in Haiti Initiative (IGHI).
Project Goal: The purpose of the program is to support locally-driven and politically-feasible solutions to support more inclusive, accountable governance in Haiti.
Project Objectives. The project will support activities that help governments manage and mobilize resources and improve service delivery to citizens; promote greater engagement among civil society, private sector and government to define and address development priorities and improve communication, collaboration and coordination across and between levels of government and with Parliament on policy, budget and service delivery issues.
- Develop and implement a Communications and Knowledge Management Strategy for the project;
- Closely and routinely liaise and work with technical staff to identify and manage opportunities for documenting program results through the development of technical briefs, success stories, case studies, reports, and web-based articles;
- Contribute to the development of project overview and documentation materials, including development of outlines, writing, and layout designs;
- Together with COP and DCOP, participate in development of communication- and knowledge management-related capacity building activities for technical staff and other project stakeholders as necessary;
- Oversee communication efforts, including development of communication and marketing plans to connect with target audiences through traditional and digital communication channels;
- Develop evaluation plans and actively measure and monitor social and digital media through analytics platforms; and
- Manage content development, testing, design, and launch of digital products.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field with five or more years’ experience with strategic communication, health communication, marketing, public relations, advertising, promotion, research, or other communications methods. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with various communications and media channels, including but not limited to (newspaper, radio, television, social media).
- Experience with supporting communication projects for US Government clients, preferably in Haiti.
- Experience providing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data to external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial and collaborative manner with work colleagues and clients.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Fluency in French and English. Proficiency in Haitian Creole.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in French and English; working knowledge of Creole is preferred.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Organization
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, develops tools and resources that advance professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates and resources for local government. Visit www.icma.org for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter: @ICMA - Latest News and Information about Local Government @ICMAMembers - Membership Updates @ICMAEvents - Annual Conference Information @ICMAJobCenter - Jobs Postings at ICMA @ICMA_311 - Information about ICMA's 311/CRM Services @ICMACityLinks - Information from ICMA International's City Links Program @LifeWellRun – Updates on campaign news and activities Check out our affiliate Twitter pages: @SolarOutreach - News and Information about municipal solar adoption @Brownfields2013 - Updates about the 2013 National Brownfields Conference Go to http://icma.org/socialmediaguidelines to learn more about our Social Media Engagement Guidelines.