The KMC Specialist will work closely with the KMC team to implement a project Knowledge Management strategy and Learning Agenda, working closely with the KM Community of practice, Monitoring & Evaluation team, Data Analytics team and Country Offices, building an understanding and capacity around USAID collaboration, learning and adaptation principles. Activities will include developing and implementing online and offline engagement approaches; promoting information and knowledge sharing, collaboration and learning to support decision-making and continuous improvement; development and implementation of information and content management strategies and facilitation of technical communities of practice. Additional activities will include production of technical publications, reports, learning briefs, updates, newsletters, presentations, videos, posters and social media content.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent writing skills and self-starter with the ability to source and craft relevant stories. Assist development of technical publications, reports, learning briefs, updates, newsletters, presentations, videos, posters, and social media content as needed
- Serve as the communications liaison to a health area specific task order, most likely the Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FP/RH) task order. Serve as the task order champion and content expert and lead development of health area specific KMC communications strategy and corresponding content. Represent KMC at task order meetings and with the client.
- With the KMC team, contribute development and implementation of the KM strategy for GHSC-PSM that includes online and offline engagement approaches
- Develop and maintain relationships with client communications staff to better amplify project messaging
- Use good judgement to monitor and address client issues in a timely manner, and keep senior project management apprised of activity progress
- Promote information and knowledge sharing, collaboration, and learning to support decision-making and continuous improvement in line with the USAID collaborate, learn and adapt (CLA) standards
- Coordinate with graphic designers, subcontractors, researchers, other team members and partners, and clients to establish workflows and timelines for production of KM and communications materials
- Ensure timely implementation and monitor assigned activities against work plans
- Work collaboratively with departments across the organization to increase project visibility by supporting their efforts to lead technical discussions through online listservs such as IAPHL and through webinars to promote the project’s thought leadership
- Participate in the development of trainings for clients, colleagues, and partners about KMC-related topics
- In consultation with the KMC Manager, track priority conferences and manage allocation of resources for conference coordination/attendance including abstract and presentation development
- Support development and implementation of information and content management strategies ensuring that CLEAR knowledge and learning assets are archived and searchable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- 5-7 years of technically relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with USAID programs, and knowledge of family planning and reproductive health and development issues preferred.
- Familiarity with AP and GPO style, USAID branding and marking.
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Experience/knowledge of website and social media technologies and applications.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Regular attendance and availability during normal business hours are required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, and sit for long periods of time; regular use of hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and files; regularly required to talk and hear; and regularly required to use computer to look up, create, and modify documents.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Normal office environment; usually moderate noise level.
- Occasional exposure to environmental conditions include exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.