Title: Knowledge Management and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – Burundi
Project: Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC)-Procurement and Supply Management (PSM)
General Summary and Background
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, seeks a Knowledge Management and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to support the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in the Burundi office. The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The Knowledge Management and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for the Knowledge Management component of the program as well as spearheading the program’s information dissemination and training activities, to include preparing and facilitating presentations/workshops.
The location of assignment is Bujumbura, Burundi with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and disseminate lessons learned and best practices to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Compile and analyse relevant activity data from partners to demonstrate GHSC-PSM progress for contractual reports and/or presentations.
- Collate, edit and/or write reports related to knowledge management activities.
- Collaborate with technical component leaders to vet reports and success story narratives.
- Work with the M&E professional to interpret and report on data.
- Ensure GHSC-PSM deliverables are in order for submission.
- Strategically plan and organize innovative methods to disseminate the program’s FSP information. This may include written, video or internet methodologies.
- Identify and oversee consultants (where applicable).
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, telephonic conference calls and other relationship management responsibilities with project officers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Design and maintain a multiple user platform for effective knowledge management.
- Develop and maintain communities of practice to facilitate the sharing of knowledge.
- Create/innovate social media information dissemination platforms to communicate program activities.
- Prepare and facilitate presentations.
- Inform GHSC-PSM Country Director of GHSC-PSM progress or challenges.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist the M&E Manager in implementation of all planned activities of M&E for GHSC-PSM project
- Assist the M&E in the design and development of the data management system, including data collection tools
- Support the monitoring of the quality and completeness of data for the documenting project performance, ensure data within the project for evidence-based decision making, and solve data problems when they arise
- Compile and analyze data from each of the project technical areas and support the project technical team in presenting recommendations to the Country Director for improvement in implementation on a quarterly basis
- Assist in conducting trainings for the technical staff involved in data collection and in the proper use of data collection tools.
- Enter and analyze the various data collected into the M&E database
- Ensure proper filing of reports and data collection tools.
- Organize quarterly data control and verification with various data sources.
- Assist the M&E Manager in disseminating M&E information among stakeholders.
- Perform additional tasks as required by the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and project leadership
- Minimum 5 years of experience editing and writing reports or technical articles and creating and implementing knowledge and communication strategies
- Experience working with social media platforms preferred
- Experience with writing reports for USAID or a major international donor preferred
- Diploma or equivalent degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Mastery of written and verbal French required; excellent professional proficiency in verbal and written English highly preferred
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter with “First Name, Last Name – Burundi KM Specialist” in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.