The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and governance for the improved HIS, and ensure integrated systems by fostering stakeholder collaboration.
Deloitte LLP is seeking a Knowledge Management & Communications Specialist for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels. He/She will be responsible for the leadership and in-country management of the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
- Work with technical staff across the project’s office to promote knowledge capture, dissemination, and utilization to promote program cohesion and internal/external communication
- Provide Chief of Party with regular program updates and summaries on program successes for a wide audience
- Recommend to the MEL Advisor best approaches to showcase program impact to USAID, local counterparts and the public
- Work with MEL Advisor to capture and feature program successes in innovative and compelling ways
- Work with MEL Advisor and DCOP to draft regular program updates for USAID reporting (quarterly and annual reports)
- Train technical staff (as needed) on KM best practice and story-telling
- Responsible for updating all communications tools and products (program brochures, newsletters, success stories, website, and social media platforms)
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, knowledge management, international development, or relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience in designing, leading, and implementing KM Communication activities on complex development programs (USAID-funded preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience with HMIS and medical/health data/indicators
- Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment
- Ability to respond to pressure and deliver quality products on-time
- Strong communications and data visualization skills
- Demonstrated experience using communications tools to demonstrate impact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong training, communications and personnel management skills
- Ethiopian national strongly preferred
- Fluency in English is required; Fluency in Amharic is preferred
About the Organization
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.