The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
The QED Group is preparing a proposal for the USAID/Bureau for Food Security (BFS) Advancing Women’s Empowerment (AWE) activity, which will support USG agencies, missions, and implementing partners (IPs) to enhance existing and future Feed the Future and Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) programming through evidence-based efforts to increase women’s participation, productivity, profit, and benefit in agriculture and food systems.
Component 1: Design and Learning Services
AWE will support BFS, missions, and IPs to organize and apply relevant gendered evidence to design and work planning processes, including PAD/project-level and activity-level designs, and extending into regular work planning.
Component 2: Implementation Support Services
Component 2 will support the implementation of new interventions within existing agricultural activities to promote women’s participation, benefit, and empowerment as well as the scale-up of interventions with demonstrated success in improving women’s empowerment in agriculture.
Component 3: Good Practices Discovery
AWE aims to develop technical recommendations for particularly persistent and complex challenges to women’s empowerment in agriculture and food systems.
The QED Group is currently looking for a Knowledge Management Coordinator.
The Knowledge Management Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the knowledge management plan, with an emphasis on internal learning and its application. S/he will work with AWE personnel, short-term personnel, and stakeholders to manage the realization of that plan throughout the life of the project. The Knowledge Management Coordinator will also take the lead in managing project communications and deliverables and utilizing existing on-line gateways to disseminate knowledge generated through Call Order deliverables. The Knowledge Management Officer will work with USAID to define audiences and how best to reach them.
- A Bachelor’s degree plus 6 or more years of experience in knowledge management, facilitation, communications and/or training are required.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities
- Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international development, especially USAID programs (overseas experience a plus)
- A Master’s degree and experience establishing, strengthening, managing and/or facilitating communities of practice or learning networks is preferred.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.