Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation an affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), is seeking to recruit a Knowledge Manager to support our expanding portfolio.
The responsibilities of this position are to develop, plan, implement, synthesize and manage the knowledge management system to foster efficiency through reuse, facilitate creativity and innovation. This position is expected to function independently, exercise discretion, and contribute to assignments and projects that require significant evaluation, originality, and ingenuity.
· Capture, organize, document and share UMB, CIHEB and PHIA knowledge internally and externally to UMB’s multi-stakeholders.
· Set up and maintain and update MGIC Nigeria’s knowledge management system in collaboration with the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s global knowledge management systems.
· Curate or assist in administering sections of internal knowledge management systems
· Serve as a member of CIHEB Knowledge Management task team and participate in regular meetings.
· Support the creation of guidelines, create a system for all CIHEB staff to explain the purpose and use of our frequently used knowledge sharing systems.
· Serve as a contact for questions about program management and knowledge sharing systems.
· Regularly assist with planning and facilitating webinars, workshops, seminars, and training on various technical topics.
· Development effective and efficient tools for standardized materials
· BSc Social Science, Public Health and Master of Library or Information Science or Social Science or related field.
· MS office - high proficiency
· Problem solving skills
· Metadata or archiving skills
· Ability to communicate effectively
· international travel required
· Self-motivated, agile, innovative and resourceful
About the Organization
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), which works to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS in the areas where we operate. We currently have offices in sub-Saharan Africa, including Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.