Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is seeking senior and mid-level Learning/Knowledge Management Specialists for upcoming USAID-funded monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) activities. Candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in collaborating, learning and adapting; organizational learning; knowledge management; strategy development; capacity building; and/or training. A master’s degree and prior experience on USAID-funded projects, especially MEL platforms and projects, is preferred.
- Assist in the development of MEL communities of practice and the promotion of forums which facilitate collaboration, learning, adapting and action;
- Lead the development, implementation, and adaptation of a robust learning agenda to facilitate continuous learning, collaborating, and adapting at the activity, program and mission levels;
- Facilitate stock-taking exercises such as pause-and-reflect sessions, before action reviews, after action reviews, and with opportunities to give and receive feedback;
- Oversee the development and presentation of learning and communication products that encourage maximum outreach and uptake of project results and lessons learned among USAID staff and implementing partners;
- Leverage and amplify investments in MEL through the coordination or convening of staff and partners;
- Design and facilitate trainings to build the capacity of key stakeholders on USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) framework and best practices;
- Operationalize knowledge management systems and learning approaches that help to minimize redundancies, promote organizational synergies, and fill knowledge gaps;
- Provide short-term learning support to help USAID staff to create rapid cycle learning to synthesize available evidence for use in decision-making and adaptive management; and,
- Support other developing MEL plans and processes, as needed.
- Master’s degree plus minimum 6 years of experience in collaborating, learning and adapting, organizational learning, knowledge management, strategy development, capacity building and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience in designing CLA frameworks and implementing innovative learning, knowledge management, and training activities in USAID missions and for USAID implementing partners.
- Experience in developing learning agendas at the mission, organizational, sector or activity level.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in facilitating groups, trainings, meetings, and events both online and in-person, resulting in collaborative decision-making, agreed upon action items/priorities, and/or learning.
- Demonstrated experience in mixed methods design, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, and the application of participatory research methods.
- Ability to travel internationally for short-term consultancies.
- Experience on USAID-funded projects, including strong conceptual knowledge of MEL, and USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA framework.
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2018. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).