Dexis is seeking an experienced Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist for an anticipated five (5) year USAID funded Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning, and Training (KDLT) Activity that will provide the USAID Bureau for Food Security (BFS), Feed the Future Missions, interagency partners, and implementing partners with concrete support and tools to capture, share, and access knowledge that helps improve the effectiveness of Feed the Future programs, leading to improved nutrition and reduced poverty in Feed the Future focus countries.
KDLT will serve as a specialized, responsive, and well-integrated mechanism to increase BFS’ capacity for, and quality of knowledge-sharing, data management and analysis, organizational learning, and training, in support of adaptive management of Feed the Future, in alignment with the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS).
This is a long-term position expected to start in September 2018. The position is contingent upon award.
- Support the KDLT Senior KM and Organizational Learning (OL) advisor in capturing, sharing, and monitoring the application of knowledge across FTF, BFS, and USAID.
- Contribute to efforts for improved and sustained USAID/BFS capacity to implement knowledge-sharing events and create effective knowledge products.
- Identify and curate technical content – in collaboration with USAID and technical experts, research, design, and implement technical content strategies to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way).
- Facilitate community engagement and manage content for USAID web platforms and databases including the Agrilinks platform.
- Contribute to and manage a plan to regularly monitor and update site content classification and organization systems including topics, tags, flags, and collections.
- Regularly analyze Agrilinks community behavior and gather feedback to provide guidance to KDLT and USAID on how to modify existing strategies.
- Improve BFS’s capacity and performance on various elements of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework.
- Support scoping, logistics, facilitation, and management for online and in-person events such as webinars, trainings, meetings, and USAID Global Learning and Evidence Exchange events (GLEEs).
- Develop communications and dissemination plans for Feed the Future technical guidance documents, data sets, and learning products.
- Bachelors or higher in areas related to Knowledge Management, Strategic Communications, or Adult Learning.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in knowledge management and /or strategic learning in an international development context, preferably including USAID experience.
- Experience with data capture, management, dissemination, learning, and KM tools, methods, and platforms.
- Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Facilitation of groups, meetings, and events - both online and in person
- Experience with community engagement - both online and in person
- Experience with Drupal content management software (Drupal 7.54 or above), Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB server, and PHP scripting language
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly; working in a USAID or other government agency environment a plus.
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.