Particip is looking for an experienced Labor Economist.
The objective of the assignment is to carry out a combination of field work on and diagnostic analysis of Public Service pay and grading trends and living standard assessment in Somalia and propose solutions that will provide adequate incentive for improved performance of civil servants and also enable efficient and effective management of public government’s wage bill as aligned to national strategies and development aspirations to promote sustainable growth. The development of pay and grading structure will be a companied by in-depth field exercises of conducting job evaluations of the Public Service.
- Conduct fiscal analysis and determine impact of economic policy on civil service employment, wage-bill management;
- Determine strategic policy responses to civil service compensation challenges in the Somalia economy; collect and analyze data related to comparator labor and employment markets;
- Conduct a survey of comparator markets;
- Prepare reports which explain pay trends in the minimum wages;
- Analyze the potential impacts of the proposed pay and grading policy options, and existing public policies such as legislation, taxes and regulations, etc. in the various minimum wages;
- Prepare various reports on comparative analysis of minimum wages and benchmarking of Somalia minimum wage.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Labor Economics, Economics or relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the areas of minimum wage analysis and conducting minimum wage surveys used in compensation.
- Working experience in fragile and conflict affected countries with similar development characteristics.
- Experience in Somalia would be an advantage.
We look forward to your application. Please note that only suitable candidates that meet the minimum criteria will be contacted.
To apply please contact Anke Pfeiffer: email@example.com
About the Organization
Particip is an international consulting company in the field of international development cooperation. We coordinate interdisciplinary, multi-national teams for short and long term assignments worldwide supporting them with methodological know-how and expertise gained in over 1,800 projects. For further information please visit our website on www.particip.de