Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Associate position in the Land Tenure and Property Rights (LTPR) Sector.
Clear, secure, and enforceable LTPR systems are fundamental to a wide variety of development outcomes, including economic growth, peace and security, good governance, and sustainable natural resource management. Tetra Tech’s LTPR sector works with clients to help build and support legitimate, transparent, and negotiable tenure systems, in order to increase responsible investments, strengthen productivity and political stability and encourage better resource management.
Candidates should have prior experience with new business development, proposal writing, and contract management in either non-profit and/or for-profit international development. The successful candidate will be assigned LTPR project management support, new business development tasks, and billable technical assistance duties by the Sector Director and relevant Project Managers. Applicants should be willing to travel approximately 25% of the year and should be able to take on international assignments that may involve several weeks away from home.
This position will be based preferably in Burlington, Vermont.
What you’ll be responsible for:
This position will be directly supporting the Tetra Tech’s projects in Latin America
*Provide day-to-day support to all aspects of project implementation, including financial management and contract compliance. Illustrative responsibilities include; project budget development and management, requesting financial, administrative and management information from the field office (FO) team and counterparts, coordinating travel; contracting and fielding long and short term expatriates and TCNs; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance; editing project reports; tracking and drafting requests in accordance with contract and applicable regulations; and client communications. May also be responsible for helping ensure technical quality of products and services.
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation
* Provide technical and administrative assistance for short-term international assignments
* Assist Sector Director and relevant Project Managers in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed
* Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree much preferred) in sector-specific technical discipline such as international relations, agricultural economics, economics, geography, planning, anthropology, sociology, or other related field
* Three years or more of relevant professional experience including work overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations
* Fluency in Spanish required
* Prior experience with and knowledge of USAID and USG regulations, administration, management, reporting procedures and systems preferred
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment
* Ability to conduct frequent short-term international fieldwork
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing sample of no more than 10 pages, is which the applicant is the sole author or authored sections are highlighted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.