Cowater is looking for a Land Tenure Specialist to support the implementation of an upcoming urban planning assignment in Belize. The Land Tenure Specialist will conduct relevant legal and reform reviews, including existing land use policies, to ensure the completion of high-quality and on-time deliverables. This 12 month project is expected to commence in March, 2017.
The successful candidate must have more than 4 years of experience in legal analysis of national and international policies on land use.
- Master’s degree in Law, Public Policy or related field
- At least 4 years of experience working with or advising government agencies or other relevant organizations on public policy, governance or legal framework issues
- Experience in legal analysis of national and international policies on land use
- Experience working on legal issues related to land use, planning and community development
- Demonstrated knowledge of land law and land management practices in British Commonwealth countries
- Professional written and oral fluency in English
- Preference will be given to candidates based in Belize
- Meaningful regional experience (Belize, Central America, or the Caribbean)
All applications are to be submitted here. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted