ICF is seeking local or international candidates for both long-term and short-term energy experts for an upcoming USAID funded project in the South Asia region. The project will develop sound energy infrastructure, enable energy sector reforms, and grow sustainable, secure energy markets throughout Asia. The Laos technical leads for the project will be based in Laos, and will include engagement throughout the South Asia region, including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Indonesia and other nations. The project’s energy experts will work closely with USAID/Laos but will also liaise with USAID/Laos missions throughout the region and engage routinely with governments, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Cross-border power and gas trade, including the development of harmonized regulations and policy frameworks;
- Advising technical and procurement divisions of key public agencies and utilities to improve procurement processes and governance;
- Development of new models for public-private partnerships (PPPs) and improved bankability of energy project development to foster private sector investment;
- Modernizing energy systems by advancing renewable energy (RE) generation, distributed energy resources (DER), digitalization and improved integration technologies, off-grid solutions, and sustainable building technologies;
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided by the project, including necessary adjustments to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in relevant field (e.g., energy, economics, engineering).
- At least ten years’ experience focused on one of the referenced energy disciplines, with strong experience in Sri Lanka, Maldives, and the South Asia region.
- Experience should include multi-country project management for an international donor funded program; ideally USAID.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and advise a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team to lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully advising an intercultural team in a development context.
- Fluency in English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Phillipines Remote Office (PH99)
About the Organization
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf