Lawyer, Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA), Kabul, Afghanistan
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. USAID is a significant contributor in supporting the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) assistance to key electoral bodies in Afghanistan. Under a Public International Organization (PIO), USAID’s investment helps to fund operations of the United Nation Electoral Support Program (UNESP) which primarily works with the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and Electoral Complaints Commission (ECC) to strengthen their operations and capacity to protect the integrity of the electoral process in Afghanistan and to assist the elections that took place in September 2019.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
Under the direction of the Chief of Party, Sr. Evaluation Team Lead, and the UNESP Team Lead, the Lawyer will play an important role in collecting data and assisting in analysis for the assessment report. LOE is estimated at 35 days.
· Collaborate with the UNESP assessment team and the AMELA technical team to provide inputs into the tool design for data collection
· Travel and collect primary data from key members of the electoral management bodies; Data collection approaches include, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, surveys
· Review primary and secondary data and provide inputs during the analysis workshop on the legal systems of UNESP and of different interventions during the implementation of the activity
· Participate in assessment presentations
· Other duties as assigned
· Juris Doctor, PhD in Law, or a similar subject preferred
· A minimum of five years of experience, including designing and/or conducting evaluations
· Technical skills including design of tools, collection of primary data, and analysis of primary and secondary data
· Extensive knowledge about politics, legal system, and political and electoral context in Afghanistan
· Fluency in English as well as Dari or Pashto required.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.