Join Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) in Jakarta is currently seeking to recruit a Lead Adviser for Road Network Development activity stream. The Lead Adviser – Road Network Development will coordinate and lead the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and close out of KIAT activities in the Directorate General of Highways (DGH) that strengthen planning and programming capabilities and develop investment planning framework. The Lead Adviser - Road Network Development will work closely with the other KIAT staff supporting DGH, including the Lead Adviser – Road Network Management who provides advisory support for asset management, data quality and network preservation activities. The Lead Adviser - Road Network Development reports to the KIAT Deputy Director – Transport Policy, Planning and Delivery and coordinates his/her activities in line with the approved annual work plan with the Director General Highways or his/her designate.
This role also involves will have the following key activities:
- Maintain effective working relationships with DGH counterparts, through frequent engagement and communications with senior managers and key staff.
- Provide updates, advice and recommendations to senior DGH counterparts about ongoing and upcoming KIAT activities to ensure buy-in and sustainable impacts.
- Participate in events, high level forums and dialogues with the DGH leadership and other stakeholders as required.
- Identify, discuss and develop policy initiatives to stimulate road network development especially for planning, programming and investment for roads in Indonesia.
- Provide briefings on significant policy, planning and investment initiatives for road network development in Indonesia.
- Identify strategic engagement opportunities for KIAT support in consultation with KIAT Senior Management Team and DGH counterparts.
- Identify and scope new activities in the Road Network Development stream in close consultation with DGH counterparts.
- Prepare concept notes, design documents and terms of reference to engage consultant teams/ individual consultants for identified activities and obtain timely approvals from DGH counterparts.
- Coordinate and liaise with subcontractors working on Road Network Development activities.
- Review and quality assure the deliverables from sub-contractors.
- Monitor and manage risks to implementation of activities in Road Network Development activity stream.
- Streamline cross-cutting themes including Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Civil Society Engagement in Road Network Development activities.
- Ensure prudent management of KIAT finances and take appropriate measures to maximize value for money in procurement, minimize fiduciary risk and avoid fraud.
- Provide other support requested by DGH in line with KIAT’s mandate and approved work plan.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
https://www.cardno.com/media/3634/tor-lead-adviser-road-network-development-final-002.pdf About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Lead Adviser – Road Network Development with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognized university, preferably with a major in civil engineering or another related field;
- At least 10 or more years of experience in roads planning and programming;
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key personnel in government and donor agencies;
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of capacity building / knowledge transfer activities in the roads sector;
- Experience in managing teams of consultants and sub-contractors;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a complex, cross-cultural operating environment; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced degrees in civil engineering or another related field;
- Experience of working in a road agency in a developed country and familiarity with planning, programming and investment business processes is highly desirable;
- Experience with DFAT processes and procedures preferred; and
- Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia will be a plus.
For international candidates, commensurate with level of experience up to a maximum of Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) C4 MRP. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations. Why join the KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
A recent CV with the names and contact details (email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees. Closing Date
The position closes on Friday, 22 December 2018. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.