Devex is currently assisting CBM in their search for a strong and dynamic Lead, Business Development Operations – US who will be a critical part of the CBM’s team as they build and grow their US presence. The Lead, Business Development Operations – US will operate remotely out of the United States preferably in the Washington DC area or in Eastern U.S. time zone.
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause, and a consequence, of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. Headquartered in Germany, CBM has offices and staff spread across the world including Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean regions.
Since its founding in 1908, CBM works in the most disadvantaged societies, irrespective of race, gender or religion and seeks to:
- Reduce the prevalence of diseases which cause impairments.
- Minimise the conditions which lead to disability.
- Promote equal opportunities for economic empowerment, livelihood security, and full inclusion in all aspects of society for persons with disabilities.
Reporting to the Unit Head, Public Donors based in Germany, the Lead, Business Development Operations – US will manage and coordinate CBM’s new business development and proposal development with major US institutional donors. The role will work closely with the US-based Global CBID Advisor in the development of a proposal process system, including researching and exploring funding opportunities for major programmes and ensuring the creation and submission of consistent and accurate proposals (either unsolicited or in response to calls for proposals).
The Lead, Business Development Operations – US must be a dynamic and enthusiastic professional who loves to work in a collaborative yet results-oriented manner. They should be comfortable working independently and able to come up with effective and creative solutions to remain engaged with a remote team based in Germany.
The Lead, Business Development Operations – US must have an existing solid network of institutional donor contacts and must possess the curiosity to understand CBM’s community-based inclusive development work to effectively promote this with their contacts, thereby generating a substantial amount of institutional funding and making a lasting impact on CBM’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Oversees the entire proposal process, from capture through development and submission
- Identifies potential funding /donor sources
- Manages multiple proposals at varying stages simultaneously and independently. Ensures proposals are compliant with donor requirements
- Develops and maintains relationships with staff from relevant US funding agencies
- Leads development of proposal timelines through consultation with CBM stakeholders
- Represents CBM in the US and engages with executives from funding agencies during high-level meetings
- Maintain a database of international and local organizations
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the CBM.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, business management, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of new business development and proposal development experience
- Proven track record and experience in writing proposals and securing multiple high-value funding from major institutional donors including USAID and US based private trust/foundations
- Deep understanding of the requirements, rules and regulations of major US institutional donors
- Existing network of contacts with US funding agencies
- Knowledge in development cooperation and the major policy frameworks and principles of development cooperation
- Demonstrated experience in building a new funding stream with the support of a well-established and world class international organization
- Proven experience in submitting specific sectoral proposals in areas like community development, inclusive education, livelihoods, WASH, health and others
- Experience in managing relationships with donors and other key external stakeholders
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Devex. If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the “Apply now” button.