Job Title: Lead Evaluation Expert
Reports To: Chief of Party
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Lead Evaluation Expert for the USAID Colombia Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Activity (MEL) to lead technical of all deliverables and evaluation activities under the SOW. The Colombia MEL activity will provide USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services related to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) of USAID/Colombia projects and activities. This includes providing monitoring support services; designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations, as well as other studies and assessments; developing collaborating, learning and adapting initiatives; and strengthening the Mission’s Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and analysis capacities. The Lead Evaluation Expert will lead the technical oversight of the design and implementation of all the reports and evaluations, assessment and learning services under the Colombia MEL project. Furthermore, s/he will work with the COR and other USAID technical staff and any evaluation and assessment teams sub-contracted to develop the methodologies necessary to meet the deliverables required.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Lead the technical oversight of the design and implementation of all the reports and evaluations, assessment and learning services.
• Work with the COR and other USAID technical staff and any evaluation and assessment teams sub-contracted to develop the methodologies necessary to meet the deliverables required.
• Work with the evaluation team and provide oversight and quality control of data collection, and all deliverables under the scope of work.
• Ensure quality of technical deliverables from local subcontractors.
• Interface with the local data collection teams, subs and stakeholders.
• Hold presentations, write reports, and provide support to the COP as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 8 years of experience leading evaluation teams in the field.
• 8 years of experience designing M&E tools in the field.
• Excellent writing, and communication skills are required.
• Strong demonstrated experience interacting with M&E stakeholders, beneficiaries, and USAID staff is required.
• Experience in Latin/Southern America is required.
• Experience in Colombia is highly preferred.
• Eight years of experience managing teams in the field is required.
• Knowledge of the Colombian operating context is highly preferred.
• Bilingual, fluency in English and Spanish, is required.
• Eight (8) years of experience in research, evaluation, statistics and/or monitoring projects related to development.
• At least five years of the experience must be in designing, implementing, managing, and analyzing the results of both performance and impact evaluations of development projects.
Education: Master’s degree in social sciences or related field required; or a Bachelor’s degree in a similar field of education with at least ten (10) years of progressive experience.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: Travel within all regions of Colombia will be required, position is based out of Bogota.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.