Lead Evaluation Expert – USAID/Columbia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity
Pillar Systems Corporation seeks to recruit a Lead Evaluation Expert for USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activity in Columbia. This activity will provide USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services related to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) of USAID/Colombia projects and activities. This includes providing monitoring support services; designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations, as well as other studies and assessments; developing collaborating, learning and adapting initiatives; and strengthening the Mission’s Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and analysis capacities. Efforts will enable USAID/Columbia to make informed program management decisions, and shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission.
Roles and Requirements
The Evaluation Expert is the leader of evaluations and assessments. S/he will be responsible for leading the technical oversight of the design and implementation of all the reports and evaluations, assessment and learning services. S/he will work with the COR and other USAID technical staff and any evaluation and assessment teams sub-contracted to develop the methodologies necessary to meet the deliverables required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, and assessments, including evaluation methodologies, surveys, performance management plan development, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques for large development projects;
- Must be knowledgeable of USAID evaluation policy;
- Familiar with Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Framework desirable;
- Excellent data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and use of statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, etc.;
- Experience using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point);
- Strong analytical, organizational, writing, and communications skills;
- Experience in technical report writing;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is needed (Level 3/3) and a good level in Spanish speaking and writing (Level 3)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.