QED is seeking Lead Evaluator(s) for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) opportunity through the Department of Labor International Labor Affairs Bureau (ILAB). Services provided under this opportunity will include conducting performance evaluations of ILAB-funded projects using a variety of methodologies and approaches; conducting ad-hoc qualitative studies; developing project-level M&E systems; providing training to ILAB and/or ILAB-funded projects on monitoring and evaluation topics; conducting impact evaluations; conducting data quality assessments; conducting various types of quantitative and qualitative surveys; analyzing existing ILAB project data; and providing ad-hoc M&E technical support to projects. Quantitative and qualitative skills will both be required.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead Evaluators will be responsible for conducting evaluations of international trade, development, and labor projects. He/she will utilize qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods approach to complete the evaluation(s). The Lead Evaluator will also be responsible for preparing and finalizing the evaluation report.
Subject matter expertise may include but not be limited to topics such as: labor rights and standards (especially in the context of international trade or development); public-private partnerships; corporate social responsibility; global value chains; child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking; social protection; education; livelihoods; capacity building; sustainability; women’s economic empowerment; youth development; and protection of vulnerable populations.
- Master’s Degree or higher
- At least 8 years of qualitative and/or quantitative experience evaluating international development projects.
- Preferred evaluation experience with the Department of Labor and subject matter expertise in one of the topics listed above.
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in evaluation reports.
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy, with an ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Fluent in English, both written and speaking
- Ability to produce high quality reports in proficient English in a timely fashion
- Experience in either Ethiopia or Georgia preferred.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.