The Lead Finance Officer is a key position within the Regional Finance Organization. The Regional Offices in Manila and Nairobi provide monthly reviews of financial information submitted by project sites within the region.
- The Lead Financial Officer, working with the Regional Finance Officer and the International Controller will develop custom assessment plans based on risk assessments for each project in the region.
- Custom assessment plans will be utilized by the regional office to perform monthly reviews of financial data originating at the project sites.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Project Finance Managers
- Communicate issues identified in the monthly reviews with the Regional Finance Officer, the International Controller and Project Finance Manager.
- Identify opportunities for improved internal controls and good business practices.
- Organize Regional Office efforts to ensure effective, efficient reviews.
- Train staff to ensure they are familiar with assigned projects, the custom assessment plan and good financial management practice including fraud and compliance issues.
- Winrock has begun the process of developing requirements for an ERP. The Lead Finance Officer will provide valuable input into the design of the systems.
- Function as a mentor, facilitator and consultant to and for the Project Finance Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. MBA, a plus.
- CPA or equivalent certification preferred.
- Seven to ten years, Financial Management/Audit experience with at least five years US Government related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of US Government and non-profit rules and regulations,
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with various administrative and program levels
- Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of accounting principles, audit standards, procedures and techniques.
- Willingness and ability to travel 10-20%. Willingness and ability to spend 2-3 weeks in the US during on-boarding period.
- Strong presentation and communications skills to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent writing, analytical, interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadline.
About the Organization
Winrock is a recognized leader in international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a quality-driven organization with the desire for a continuous improvement in program results and processes and for a culture of accountability.