CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek a Lead Researcher for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Analysis.
The purpose of the GESI Analysis is to identify most significant macro and sectoral level societal inequalities and prioritize them with rationale for why they should be addressed in the new USAID/Nepal Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The study will also provide sex and caste ethnicity disaggregated statistics for social inclusion considerations along with strong recommendations about ways that the CDCS could address identified GESI gaps and needs for empowerment so that these could be reflected throughout CDCS. USAID/Nepal will apply these findings for strategic planning, in support of the goal of setting Nepal on a path toward self-reliance.
* Manage the entire analysis process, including drafting the analytical design and analysis plan and leading the presentations and discussions with the Mission and Partners.
* Lead the preparation of an inception report, which will include a review of existing literature and resources, a detailed methodology, work plan, table of contents, and data collection instruments.
* Allocate responsibilities to other analysis team members based on their skills and capacity.
* Support the analysis team members to ensure that all team members fulfill obligations, communications, and deliverables in a timely manner.
* Provide a presentation of preliminary and findings and recommendations to USAID/Nepal at the end of the data collection.
* Lead the preparation of the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Analysis Report.
* An experienced senior level gender analysis technical specialist, with 8-10 years of experience leading USAID gender reviews and assessments.
* Solid understanding of qualitative research skills, particularly on systematic review, and strong analytical and writing skills are required.
* Experience conducting gender-based violence (GBV) and social inclusion analysis as it pertains to international development, governance, human rights, resilience, health, education, economic growth or any of USAID CDCS sectors.
* Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
* Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures preferred
* Excellent communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong English writing skills; writing samples from recent evaluations or reports, and three professional references, will be requested
Location : Nepal - Kathmandu District - Kathmandu
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.