CNFA is seeking the services of a lead writer for a short- to medium-term assignment to support the development of proposal in response to the RFP for the upcoming USAID Rwanda Orora Wihaze opportunity. The selected consultant will work closely with CNFA staff and will be responsible for conducting research and for drafting, editing, and reviewing the full proposal. The consultant should reflect the tone and writing style of the CNFA team and should work within CNFA formatting and templates.
Tasks & Deliverables
- Read the RFP for the Orora Wihaze Activity and review existing capture research on this opportunity.
- Conduct research as required to develop the proposal and provide evidence; identify research needs to be completed by CNFA staff; and work collaboratively with the Technical Lead and CNFA staff to develop the responses.
- Conduct a capture trip to Rwanda, as decided upon with the proposal team.
- Responsible for writing the technical sections of the proposal and support the proposal team in the writing of other sections, as needed.
- Review and edit field inputs for the proposal, as needed in collaboration with the field team and under the leadership of HQ.
- Collaboratively incorporate inputs and address comments from color draft reviews.
- Support the team in the development of a strategy for developing the design of the full proposal.
- Maintain the formatting of the original document and work within CNFA’s formatting.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, or a related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise in agricultural development, livestock productivity, market development, and nutrition required.
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 5 years of proposal writing experience and providing technical oversight and leadership on development projects required.
- Experience leading the early stages of proposal design and provision of the technical “roadmap” required.
- Strong proposal writing and editing skills required.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Familiarity with CNFA’s technical and geographic program areas preferred.
- Experience in devising an approach for graphic designs strongly preferred.
About the Organization
Founded in 1985, CNFA manages a portfolio of nearly $300 million in 18 countries. CNFA applies market-system approaches that engage local stakeholders to strengthen value chains and increase incomes, competitiveness, and employment for smallholder farmers and agribusinesses. CNFA programs strengthen the organizational and technical capacity of agribusinesses, cooperatives, and associations (including women’s and youth groups) to support farmers and promote the uptake of improved technologies and techniques to enhance productivity and natural resource management. We improve business and management practices of farmers and agribusiness and increase their access to affordable financial services. We also facilitate strong business linkages between smallholders and suppliers of quality inputs, service providers, buyers, and profitable markets.