IBI is currently looking for a qualified Lead Writer/Strategy Manager for an upcoming assignment under a USAID-funded project in Ukraine. The purpose of the project is to work with small and medium sized enterprises, increase Ukrainian domestic market competition, support Ukrainian firms’ competitiveness in international markets, and increase investment. This assignment will focus specifically on FDI promotion. The qualified candidate will be responsible for working with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop a national strategy to attract foreign direct investment.
- Holds primary responsibility for writing and/or compiling the strategy content, securing expert/stakeholder inputs, and preparing associated deliverables (Draft Strategy, Final Strategy, Public Presentations, Templates, tools, and communication campaign plans).
- Serves as lead facilitator in workshop(s) and Q&A session(s) to deliver and explain the strategy to the Government of Ukraine (GOU).
- Leads public presentation(s) of the strategy in Ukrainian.
- Primarily responsible for liaising with other technical/sector experts, host-country government officials, investors, USAID representatives, and researchers to efficiently integrate their ideas and input into a shared strategy.
- Additional responsibilities to be determined.
- MBA or other specialized advanced degree in relevant field (law, finance, economics, international development or other), and at least 10 years of relevant experience writing and/or leading other similarly high-profile FDI strategy development efforts.
- Quantitative and analytical skills. Must have the capacity to quantify the impact of FDI investments, estimate the profitability and returns of national-level investment activities.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with both senior level government and private sector clients. Must be able cultivate trust among senior government officials and members of the private sector, and efficiently integrate their ideas and input into a shared strategy.
- Emerging market experience required. Regional and Ukraine-specific country-context, knowledge, and work experience preferred.
- Ability to access to networks and contacts to facilitate the development of FDI sales pipelines.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Ukrainian. Russian is also preferred.
To Apply: Please go to www.ibi-usa.com/jobs-opportunities and upload your CV for the Lead Writer/Strategy Manager position listed. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.