The QED Group, LLC is seeking Learning Advisors for short- and long-term opportunities under the upcoming rebid of the USAID PPL Monitoring Evaluation and Learning IDIQ (EVAL-ME). The purpose of this IDIQ will be to provide USAID with technical and advisory services for evaluation, evaluation capacity building, and performance monitoring activities worldwide, at the Mission (operating unit), Bureau, and Agency-wide levels.
- Guide staff and senior management team on how to realize progressive, CLA-oriented program supervision practices, primarily by bolstering USAID’s evaluation, development and organizational learning practices.
- Oversee all aspects of the project’s CLA activites.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to MEL teams in developing learning agendas with illustrative questions that will be explored during activity implementation to address gaps in technical and implementation knowledge.
- Identify appropriate staffing levels, secure appropriate qualified staff, and provide relevant technical guidance.
- Lead consultations with relevant staff and implementing partners.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Initiate and facilitate appropriate change management strategies for Missions and implementation partners to help improve their capacity to achieve national and programmatic goals.
- Document the process of adaptive management to make these processes more easily adaptable to dynamic contexts.
- Facilitate the dissemination of learnings and other relevant knowledge products among the local donor and stakeholder community.
- Degree in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development required.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional-level experience in program/activity development, M&E, and/or implementation in a developing country context required.
- Experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- Experience with a wide range of development issues, such as program evaluation, gender constraints to development, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- Experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests.
- Passion for facilitating and creating organizational learning, change and advancing foreign aid effectiveness opportunities.
- Strategic communication and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting.
- Ability and track record in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management.
- Demonstrated the ability to serve as an effective USAID representative with a wide array of individuals and institutions is essential.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English, in a timely manner.
- Capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.