Creative Associates seeks a Learning Advisor for an anticipated USAID funded education project in Yemen. The Learning Advisor (LA) provides technical guidance to the activity’s support to improved learning outcomes for students in grades 1 through 6. The LA reports to the Senior Systems Advisor and assists in developing and implementing project initiatives in materials development, teacher support and training, district-level support and training, assessment, and monitoring. S/he is also responsible for oversight of governorate technical staff and deliverables.
- Provide technical assistance to the Senior Systems Advisor to support the project team, Ministries of Education (MOE) in the North and South, and USAID on design and implementation of interventions to improve learning outcomes and wellbeing;
- Oversee, manage, lead and build capacity of governorate technical staff assuring adherence to project work plan, technical approach, deadlines, conflict-sensitive practices, and delivery of high-quality materials and activities;
- Conduct regular meetings with Technical Advisors in all participating governorates;
- Work closely with School Directors, District Education Supervisors, Hub School Residential Trainers to build capacity and develop and implement teacher professional development
- Facilitate and participate in MOE-led meetings, development workshops, and activities to provide technical guidance and support;
- Leverage monitoring and evaluation data to strengthen interventions and improve student learning outcomes;
- Collaborate with implementing partners on teacher professional development and community engagement; and
- Provide assistance to the Senior Systems Advisor to assure that children in activity-supported schools achieve improved outcomes in reading and math.
- Master’s Degree in education;
- Experience improving evidence-based education programming to rural and underserved populations;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience implementing large-scale USAID-funded programs and managing donor relationships;
- Experience with the development and implementation of classroom resource materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA and EGMA;
- Experience with effective teacher support models and coaching methods;
- Experience with family/community engagement and civil-society based monitoring of learning outcomes;
- Experience working in conflict or post-conflict and low-resource settings;
- Experience implementing principles of social-emotional learning; and
- Experience working with Ministry of Education officers and government officials.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.