The primary objective of the Bangladesh MELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and assistance, and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh (GOB). By pursuing this, USAID/Bangladesh will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Bangladesh’s development strategy.
The QED Group is seeking a Learning Advisor to propose to our team and to serve as an experienced organizational learning and knowledge management professional.
- Guide USAID/Bangladesh’s staff and senior management team on how to realize progressive, CLA-oriented program supervision practices through USAID’s CDCS implementation, primarily by bolstering USAID’s evaluation, development and organizational learning practices.
- Oversee all aspects of the Mission’s CLA activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Identify appropriate staffing levels, secure appropriate qualified staff, and provide relevant technical guidance.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Graduate degree in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in program/project development, M&E, and implementation in a developing country context required.
- Must have experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- Must have experience with a wide range of development issues, such as program evaluation, gender constraints to development, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- Must have experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests.
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and/or coaching staff in project development, project implementation, and M&E.
- Demonstrated passion for facilitating and creating organizational learning, change and advancing foreign aid effectiveness opportunities.
- Demonstrate conversation and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting.
- Demonstrated ability and track record in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management.
- Demonstrated the ability to serve as an effective USAID representative with a wide array of individuals and institutions is essential.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English, in a timely manner.
- Must have familiarity with a wide range of issues, such as program evaluation, gender-constraints to development, agriculture, community development, economics and democracy and governance.
- Must have the capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
- Position contingent upon contract award
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.