USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity, Bangladesh
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services.
The learning advisor is expected to serve in the role of an experienced organizational learning and knowledge management professional.
- Guide USAID/Bangladesh’s staff and senior management team in realizing collaboration, learning and adaption (CLA)-oriented program supervision practices through the implementation of the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS)
- Bolster USAID’s evaluation, development and organizational learning practices.
- Oversee all aspects of the Mission’s CLA activities, including:
- Planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels.
- Securing appropriate qualified staff
- Providing relevant technical guidance.
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed-upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Graduate degree in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in program/project development, monitoring & evaluation, and implementation in a developing country context.
- Experience developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- Experience with a wide range of development issues, such as program evaluation, gender constraints to development, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- Experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests.
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and/or coaching staff in project development, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Capacity to manage complex programs in a multi-cultural environment, and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience working on projects funded by the U.S. Government.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.