Do you have experience in the coordination of learning and professional development? Do you want to work on a program that makes a difference? Then, this opportunity is right for you!
About the role
Under the direction and guidance of the Training and Professional Development Adviser you will undertake following activities:
- Develop a workplan outlining key tasks, roles and responsibilities for the role.
- Work with counterparts to develop induction manuals for all Solomon Islands Justice agencies (except for CSSI).
- Assist the Learning and Professional Development Adviser implement an annual calendar of relevant training that meets the needs of the justice sector and achieves program outcomes.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of twinning and mentoring programs.
- Work with all agencies across the sector to implement Human Resource Development Plans.
- Work with CSSI Correctional Services Training Center (CTSTC) to review basic recruitments course manuals and provide report with recommendations for CSSI’s consideration and implementation.
- Participate as a member of the HR/Training Community of Practice (CoP).
- Consolidate and organise existing learning and professional development data for reporting and records purposes.
- Prepare monthly and other reports as required.
The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here: Terms of Reference
About the program
Cardno has been engaged by DFAT to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF).
SIRF is an integrated facility that delivers both Technical Assistance and Deployee Support Services in Solomon Islands. The Facility conducts procurement and contract management of technical assistance and supports performance management; provides support services for Australian Government’s deployees and technical advisers; and financial management and reporting including monitoring and evaluation of the Facility.
The Facility is a critical source of operational support to DFAT, programs and technical advisers as they attempt to navigate a shifting operating context, consolidate previous achievements while also prioritising new ways of working to ensure Australia’s assistance better achieves service delivery impact.
The Solomon Islands Governance Program is supported by SIRF and the successful candidate will be recruited through SIRF.
This position will be remunerated in line with the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework Short Term Adviser Daily Rate Tables (http://dfat.gov.au/about us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf) and will fall within Discipline Group B, Job Level 2. The level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant experience.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the “apply” button below. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter (Application Form)
For any questions about this position, please contact email@example.com quoting the position title in your email subject line.
The deadline for submissions is 23.59pm, Sunday 22 July 2018 (SI local time).
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Successful applicants may be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.