Job Title: Learning & Knowledge Management Specialist
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Local Consultant
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Vietnam Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. The CLA Specialist will be responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of collaborating, learning, adapting, knowledge management activities on the project. This position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project. The period of performance is expected to be from around early 2019 until early 2024. The selection of final applicant is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, refine, and implement a robust learning agenda/framework for continuous learning, collaborating, and adapting for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate stock-taking exercises such as pause-and-reflect sessions, before action reviews, after action reviews, and opportunities to give and receive stakeholder feedback;
- Oversee the compilation and dissemination of information from both quantitative and qualitative data on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Promote forums which facilitate collaboration, learning and action as a result of this information among these actors;
- Build capacity of staff, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and CLA methods as necessary;
- Coordinate CLA activities with local and international partners, including annual surveys, stakeholder workshop to refine approaches;
- Advising the project on adaptive management activities based one learnings;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the design, development and delivery of innovative learning, knowledge management, and training activities within a USAID context;
- Experience in developing learning agendas at the organizational or sector level;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in facilitating groups, meetings, and events (both online and in-person), resulting in collaborative decision-making, agreed upon action items/priorities, and strong outcomes;
- Expertise in working with a variety of stakeholders including host country government personnel, NGO partners, international donor agencies and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative data collection, and experienced in using key informant interviews, focus groups, and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and learning from the data;
- Prior experience with USAID activities, including strong conceptual knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and how that ties into USAID’s CLA framework;
- Experience in and/or contextual knowledge of Vietnam is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in CLA, knowledge management, and research efforts for large USAID-funded programs;
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills.
Education: Master’s degree in organizational learning, knowledge management, or other related area of expertise.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: This position requires travel within Vietnam.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.