The Learning Management Systems Administrator provides technical leadership in the support of Jhpiego’s learning management system (LMS), known internally as JLearn. This position is responsible for the support, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions. The Learning Management System Administrator is the primary system administrator for Jhpiego’s LMS and oversees the daily functionality of the system, as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS. Work is performed under the supervision of the Deputy Chief HR and Administrative Officer.
- Works on assignments dealing with the routine and daily operation, use, and configuration of the Jhpiego LMS.
- Manages relationship with the LMS vendor (Agylia) and is the main point of contact for all projects and technical troubleshooting with the vendor.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems.
- Maintains procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks.
- Writes and maintains technical procedures and policy documentation.
- Collaborates with the HR Business Partner on training needs and opportunities for the expansion of talent development within the organization.
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives.
- Creates and updates tutorials and resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for online and professional development.
- Manages account creation, update, and deactivation process.
- Creates and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manages course enrollment including progress tracking.
- Imports and publishes online or blended learning solutions, assigns training curricula, and adds and deletes resources.
- Populates course information and assigns learners.
- Generates standard and custom reports on LMS usage, course activity, and assessment details
- Analyzes reporting data and recommends strategic direction to HR, technical managers, or others, as appropriate.
- Creates and manages the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the instructional designer.
- Manages tracking of course revisions and history.
- Manages relationships with third party content vendors and facilitates the successful linkage of their courses to the Jhpiego LMS
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues relating to system functionality and software systems.
- Serves as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
- Reviews and monitors system performance.
- Works with the instructional technologist and instructional designers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to internally built eLearning modules.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an LMS administrator or in a similar technical support position
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, and understanding of directory, file structures, and systems
- Knowledge of SCORM and xAPI eLearning standards is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization as well as vendors
- Ability to work in complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly
- Customer service skills, responsive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience in a multi-cultural organization with diverse populations and stakeholders
- Fluency in a second language (French, Portuguese, Spanish) preferred.
About the Organization
Jhpiego is an international, nonprofit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For more than 42 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to ensure high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at: www.jobs-jhpeigo.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer