Job Title: Learning Officer
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict and Governance/ Kinshasa, DRC
Reports To: Learning Specialist
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
MECC is a five-year contract implemented by IBTCI to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination and research services to the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and the USAID/DFID joint education program (ACCELERE!). It is intended to support Mission-wide objectives and provide analytical tools and services that allows the Mission to undertake performance management that will guide them in the full implementation of the CDCS PMP and ACCELERE! results framework. MECC services include performance monitoring, support to the Mission’s Learning Agenda, coordination among stakeholders at the provincial level and M&E capacity building for the Mission Staff, IPs and other relevant stakeholders. Must be authorized to work in DRC.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver learning events with USAID and implementing partners in Kinshasa and selected provinces.
- Prepare materials and manage logistical arrangements for learning events.
- Draft all necessary reports and/or report inputs related to MECC’s training and CLA activities, including training reports, event reports and quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain a calendar of MECC’s training and CLA activities.
- Maintain necessary program files related to MECC’s capacity building and CLA activities.
- Ensure current and accurate collection, managment and reporting of performance monitoring data.
- Under the supervision of the Learning Specialist, liaise with MECC’s training subcontractor to ensure timely completion of all training activities and deliverables.
- Partner with implementing partners in Kinshasa and selected provinces to ensure the efficient delivery of MECC events in the field, including coordinating logistical arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- At least three to five years’ work experience in strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications and/or M&E, with the three to five years’ of experience being in an international development context required.
- Familiarity with USAID’s CLA principles and experience in developing, organizing or overseeing training and learning events preferred.
- Strong knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and logistics and event planning and coordination required.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with others to create and maintain a team environment and culture.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Oral and written fluency in French required; oral and written English is strongly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in a corporate offic environment with some field work.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the DRC.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.