Dexis is seeking an experienced Learning Specialist to provide capacity building support and technical assistance services to the Food for Peace (FFP) buy-in on the Learning and Knowledge Management (LEARN) contract with USAID. The work location for this position will be in Washington, D.C. with up to 25% travel. This is a full-time position. The start date for this position is immediate.
- Coordinate and deliver programs for building organizational capability and capacity on the Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA) framework at FFP, including, but not limited to, helping to facilitate the Maturity Matrix self-assessment tool for FFP headquarters staff and helping to analyze results to develop a FFP CLA Plan.
- Collaborate on the development of content and an agenda for FFP’s Global Meeting, to take place in Washington, DC, and provide facilitation support.
- Contribute to the development of a learning plan for the initial assessment of FFP’s Refine and Implement Pilot program’s inception period.
- Support the development of a learning agenda and Knowledge Management strategy for FFP, potentially including the development of forums and formats for sharing best practices and lessons learned; online and print materials; and an electronic repository of information.
- Support planning and facilitation of learning activities in Washington and at missions, including annual Portfolio Reviews, After Action Reviews, Scenario Planning, meetings, and workshops; engage key stakeholders and other food aid initiatives to foster collaboration and strengthen synergies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum six (6) years of work experience OR Master’s degree and minimum four (4) years of work experience in strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or monitoring & evaluation (M&E) and familiarity with international development.
- Experience with FFP and/or food security and USAID projects strongly preferred.
- Ability to convey the importance of strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or M&E strongly preferred.
- Skilled facilitation of groups, meetings, and events both online and in-person.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to work with others constructively.
- Ability to obtain and maintain USG security clearance.
About the Organization
With over 15 years of experience, Dexis specializes in creating custom-tailored, adaptable, and effective international development solutions. Operating in over 70 countries, we support clients like the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of State, Department of Defense, and other multilateral agencies. We are one of the fastest growing firms in international development and our staff report some of the highest levels of job satisfaction in our industry.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.