The USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project collaborates with governments and non-governmental agencies to ensure the uninterrupted supply of health commodities in support of United States Government-funded public health initiatives in Nigeria. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. For more information about GHSC-PSM, please see https://www.ghsupplychain.org/
Panagora Group, a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term professional labor to support strategic engagement, advocacy, and knowledge management and communications (KMC) activities through strategic planning, implementation, and capacity building for the Nigeria country office.
The Manager Learning and Strategic Communication supports the project’s internal and external learning and communication activities in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support gathering, editing, producing and distributing, through channels, content such as–but not limited to- stories, imagery and other communication products that support implementation of the GHSC-PSM Nigeria LKM&SC Strategy
- Support proactive update and implementation of internal communication strategy by keeping employees informed and motivated through several channels including staff intranet, email bulletins, social media and newsletter.
- Support the Director LKM&SC to establish, implement and track adherence to the GHSC-PSM communications protocol
- Promote and ensure compliance with internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes, and protocols, including branding and marking.
- Organize and maintain communication resources such as standard operating procedures, brand and marking guidelines, trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure that current and new staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting content for a variety of communication mediums including success stories, abstracts, press releases, press kits, print and digital handouts, FAQs, talking points, newsletters, success stories, articles, blog posts, presentations, infographics, posters, journal articles, conference and event materials, training resources, social media content, and related materials
- Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases, and any other distribution channels
- Proactively source, capture and develop story leads into compelling communication products
- Provide editorial, design, and production support to all departments as needed.
- Manage and maintain an editorial calendar, monitoring the progress of drafts, reviews, and revisions to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM HQ on communication campaigns, annual reports, and other communications activities. Provide new and/or updated written material for websites, newsletters, and social media.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to enhance staff learning on topics such as branding compliance, how to write success stories, capturing compelling photos.
- Participate in team building, capacity building, and work planning activities to promote and support best practices.
- Maintain a vibrant media network; proactively identify and leverage media and press opportunities, with approval from the LKM&SC Director
- Manage the distribution of media release forms and maintain a file with signed release forms.
- Support efforts to improve visibility of the project in Nigeria and also to the USAID Mission. including efforts to create and deliver project experience, results and lessons learned to internal and external audiences
- Support events that showcase achievements and attract the participation of key personalities within federal and state governments and the USAID Mission
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, public relations, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in communications, experience working in the supply chain, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of communication theory and practice.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience developing, designing, and producing content for print and digital media.
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain communication activities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good judgment, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business)
The Manager Learning and Strategic Communication will supervise the LKM&SC Officer (regions 4 – 6)
Level of Effort and Location
This is a full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.